This summer, Disney is set to host its biannual D23 Expo event in Anaheim, California from August 9 through August 11, 2024, with many surprises along the way!
Let’s get into it!
Just recently, new details for the 2024 D23 Expo were announced by Disney as they gear up for the biggest expo yet! The Walt Disney Company revealed that event has now been renamed to “D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event” which will take place in the Anaheim Convention Center from August 9-11, 2024 with exhibits, panels and show taking place at the Convention Center during the day. Additional activities such as film screenings taking place in the evening at the Honda Center. Most notably, the event will be expanded from one weekend to one week, with the event now starting on August 4 and ending on August 11 in the Anaheim Convention Center, additional details are below.
The event will showcase the company’s major brands including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, 20th Century Studios, and STAR as well as content from Disney Branded Television and 20th Television.
In addition to the announcement of this year’s dates, here are some additional details that were announced:
- D23 Day will take place on August 4, 2024 at Angel Stadium in Los Angeles where D23 attendees can watch the Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Mets game!
- Pre-convention celebration at the Disneyland Resort on August 8, 2024.
- 3-Day Convention in Anaheim Convention Center from August 9-11, 2024 with additional activities such as film screenings in the Honda Center in the evening.
- Special Presentations (including the Disney Legends Ceremony)
- Musical Performances
- Shopping Experience/Exhibits
- D23 Live Stage (similar to Star Wars Celebration Live for select talk panels)
- Biggest presentations will take place in the Honda Center Arena instead of Hall D23 in the evening, namely August 11.
- Walt Disney Studios Showcase (Disney, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm)
- Disney Branded Television Showcase (Disney Channels, Disney+, Hulu, ABC, etc.)
- Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products Showcase
- Select panels will be stream LIVE on Disney+ instead of on YouTube as seen in the past.
Tickets will go on sale on March 26 and will be available to purchase on the D23 fan event website. Hotel bookings for the Disneyland Resort hotels or neighbor hotels are now available. These events sell out fast so I recommend booking your hotels quickly and setting reminders for ticket sales so you can guarantee a spot for yourself!
Additional events and details including the schedule of events will be posted later this year, and we will post that for you prior to the event as well, as seen in previous years.
As always, if you enjoyed today’s blog and would like to stay up-to-date with the latest entertainment news, please follow me on Instagram @mattsworldofentertainment and Twitter @mattsworldofet. As always, thanks for reading and I hope to see you all again real soon!