Looking to travel to Washington, D.C. soon? Having trouble planning which museums to visit? Today, I will be listing the best museums you should visit including, the National Archives Museum, Smithsonian Museum of American History, among others!
Let’s get into it!
- National Archives Museum – The National Archives Museum is home to some of the most famous artifacts such as national documents, and other exhibits about historic events.
- Smithsonian Museum of American History – The Smithsonian Museum of American History offers sections about theater and film, President’s and First Lady’s of the United States, historic documents, Air and Space exploration, and historic items that can’t be found anywhere else!
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History offers the Kenneth E. Behring Family Hall of Memories on the first floor, the Jannet Annenberg Hooker Hall of Geology, Gems, and Minerals on the second floor, and the External Life in Ancient Egypt exhibit on the second floor. These are great exhibits and this museum is a definite must see tourist attraction in the area!
- National Museum of African American History and Culture – The National Museum of African American History and Culture offers exhibits about the Emancipation Proclamation, Oprah Winfrey’s studio couch, Harriet Tubman’s shawl, Black Lives Matter posters, and many more! I really recommend you to visit this museum next time you are in Washington DC!
- National Museum of the American Indian – The National Museum of the American Indian offers exhibits about a man’s fishing hat, bottles/vases with designs, Eagle jug and so much more about the American Indians! This is an extremely interesting museum if you are someone interested in learning about American Indian culture and arts. Check it out!
- Ford’s Theatre – The Ford’s Theatre is the theater that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated, and offers many special shows throughout the year that guests can by tickets to go see! In the winter the theatre offers an amazing production of The Christmas Carol. Their shows are really interesting and reflect on the history that happened here in this theatre many years ago.
- National Portrait Gallery – The National Portrait Gallery is home to some of the best art pieces in the United States, from the United States and around the world. Exhibits change every so often, so make sure to check it out soon!
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum – The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum offers great exhibits honoring those lost during the horrific period of time during the Holocaust. These exhibits include various photos, props, and offers many other experiences! Please honor and support those poor lives lost during the holocaust.
- Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum – The Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum offers exhibits about the first men on the moon, Mars, Planet Earth, and other space exploration exhibits. The Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum is also home to an IMAX Theater and a super cool gift shop!
I hope this blog post was helpful for you when planning your next trip to the District of Columbia. If you enjoyed today’s blog and would like to stay up-to-date with the latest entertainment news, please follow me on Instagram @mattsworldofentertainment and Twitter @mattsworldofet. As always, thanks for reading and I hope to see you all again real soon!
Photo Courtesy: Time Out.