Disney+ Day is a popular fan promotional event that commemorates the anniversary of Disney+’s November launch in the United States, Canada, Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand, with other countries still celebrating as well! With November coming up quickly, it was inevitable that Disney would eventually announce the event for 2022. Today, I will discuss more in detail what you should expect from Disney+ Day 2022.
Let’s get into it!
On May 31, Disney announced that the Disney+ Day celebration will be returning in 2022. However, the date is moving from November 12 to September 8, 2022 to coincide with the D23 Expo which will take place September 9-11, 2022 in Anaheim, California.
- Pinocchio (Premiere) +
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- Assembled: The Making of Thor: Love and Thunder +
- Cars on the Road (S1) +
- Epic Adventures of Bertie Gregory (S1) +
- Frozen Sing-Along
- Frozen 2 Sing-Along
- Growing Up (S1) +
- Mickey Mouse Funhouse (S1, 5 Episodes)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return +
- “Remembering” +
- She-Hulk: Attorney at Law – Episode 4 +
- “The Simpsons: Welcome to the Club” +
- Tierra Incognita (S1) +
- Dancing with the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances (US/Canada) +
- Mike (S1) (UK/Ireland) +
- Wedding Season (S1) +
Experiences & Perks
- Disney Parks Early Entry – Disney+ subscribers and their party with theme park reservations be given access to enter Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and Disney World at 9:00am, 30 minutes prior to regular park entry.
- Disney Parks Experiences – At Disneyland and Walt Disney World, the park icons will be illuminated in blue, to represent Disney+ Day. Guests will also be treated with blue themed deserts, character photo opportunities, special entertainment and more! Hong Kong Disneyland will celebrate with guests visiting the park on September 10.
- Digital Celebrations – Fans are invited to join the celebrations digitally by stepping up their selfie game with new photo lenses available on Disney+ Day. These new limited-time lenses will be available to those celebrating in the parks or at home in the U.S. through Snapchat and the My Disney Experience app.
- Disney Vacation Club – On August 29 – September 8, Disney Vacation Club Cruise will be offering members aboard the Disney Wonder some special treats! These treats include special gifts from 9 exclusive shows and experiences based on upcoming or current Disney+ Originals.
- Exclusive Movie Screenings – On September 8 – 19, select AMC Theaters in the United States will offer special screenings from Disney. These special screenings include: “Encanto,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” “Cars,” and “Newsies.” Tickets are $5 per person, per screening and tickets will go on sale on September 1, 2022 online and at individual theater’s box office.
- Streaming Price Perks – On September 7 – 12, new and returning subscribers can get one month of Disney+ for $1.99 in the United States and £1.99 in the UK.
- ShopDisney Merchandise – Disney+ subscribers will get exclusive access to a brand-new curated collection of merchandise on ShopDisney starting September 8 at 12am PST/3am EST. The custom collection of merchandise will be themed to Disney+ Originals, Disney+ Day premieres and more! Disney+ subscribers will also receive FREE SHIPPING on all ShopDisney orders using code FREESHIP on September 8.
- Uber One Offer – In celebration of Disney+ Day, all Disney+ subscribers get 6 months free of Uber One membership, plus $25 off their first Uber Eats order.
Disney usually announces some upcoming programming as a part of the Disney+ Day celebration, with Disney, Disney Branded Television, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, National Geographic and 20th Century Studios all contributing. In 2021, Disney released many promotions onto social media, including sneak peek videos on Disney+ revealing our first looks at “Moon Knight,” “She-Hulk,” “Ms. Marvel,” and “Cars on the Road.”
However, Disney+ Day 2022 may be a little bit different since it is taking place right before the D23 Expo, and in the official description it does not include sneak peeks or special announcements. But with so many panels at the at this year’s expo, you could expect to see some updates on series and films for sure. Check out this post for more information on the upcoming panels.
Unfortunately, the two main studio showcases on Sept. 9 and Sept. 10 will not be live streamed, but announcements will be released shortly after on social media platforms. Although, the Disney Branded Television panel will be live streamed along with others.
You can still expect to see plenty more announcements at smaller panels such as, “Sneak Peek of “Mickey: The Story of a Mouse,” “Bob’s Burgers,” “Meet the Muppets: The Muppets Mayhem Conversation,” “The Simpsons!” and more! Select presentations will be available to livestream on D23Expo.com/live.
As you can see, Disney loves to get creative when it comes to celebrating their studios or accomplishments. You can definitely expect tons of announcements to come out of D23 or Disney+ Day, since this is the kick-off to Disney100, but it’s important to not get your hopes up! Hopefully Disney+ will release more original or classic library content as a celebration, *fingers crossed!* I will be covering the announcements made this weekend, so please stay tuned.
If you enjoyed today’s blog and would like to stay up-to-date with the latest entertainment news, please follow me on Instagram @mattsworldofentertainment and Twitter @mattsworldofet! As always, thanks for reading and I hope to see you all again real soon!