Disney Junior is one of the most popular tv channels for preschool programming around the world. Each day, unique educational and fun programming is broadcasted and each year more and more is announced. Well, this year, Disney Junior decided to host its first ever in-person announcement event to promote the channel’s near future.
The first ever Disney Junior Fun Fest was held on Friday, April 29 at Disney’s California Adventure theme park. This brand new one-day event included many fun festivities and surprise announcements! Today, Disney Junior announced that it greenlit four new series, that will appear on Disney Junior and Disney+ through 2024.
Here are some of the announcements:
- Hey A.J! – A series inspired by NFL player Martellus Bennett’s family.
- Kindergarten: The Musical – A musical series with music by Kay Hanley, Michelle Lewis, Dan Petty, and Charlotte Pettus.
- RoboGobo – A series about a team of robot rescue pets.
- SuperKitties – A series about superhero pets by Silvergate Media.
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery (Renewal) – The series inspired by Alice in Wonderland was confirmed to be renewed for a second season.
- Mickey & Me – New series of vlog-style shorts featuring Mickey Mouse.
- Winnie the Pooh (Working Title) – A new musical short-form series featuring Winnie the Pooh and friends!
Confirmed Release Dates
- Eureka! – A new series will premiere on June 22, 2022.
- Spidey and His Amazing Friends (Season 2) – The second season of the show based on Marvel Comics character will premiere in August 2022.
- Mickey Mouse Funhouse: Pirate Adventure – The 22min special will premiere in August 2022.
- Firebuds – A series based on first responders, will premiere in fall 2022.
“Disney Junior is already home to some of the most beloved preschool programming, and today, we have unveiled the next slate of content that is sure to entertain preschool kids for years to come. As with Disney Junior’s current slate, each of these projects is unique, inspiring and encompasses all of the brand values that have come to represent Disney Junior over the last decade — storytelling with heart that resonates with both kids and parents. From beloved icons such as Mickey and Spidey to new stories and characters, this slate further solidifies Disney Junior as the home for preschoolers.” – Disney Branded Television President, Ayo Davis
These are just a few of the upcoming original series and specials coming to Disney Junior and Disney Plus within the next few years, with even more to be announced in the upcoming months! What are your thoughts? If you enjoyed today’s blog please follow me on Instagram @mattsworldofentertainment and Twitter @mattsworldofet for more entertainment news! As always, thanks for reading and I hope to see you all again real soon!
Photo Courtesy: Disney Branded Television