Many people in the United States and around the world are always wondering where their next vacation spot will be! There are millions of tourist areas in the United States, but today I will be sharing the top tourist attractions (in my opinion) that you should check out for yourself!
Let’s get into it!
- Yellowstone National Park – Yellowstone National Park is said to be one of the most popular national parks in the United States. Yellowstone National Park is located in Wyoming and is definitely a must-see tourist attraction because of its beautiful canyons, valley’s, and colorful lava pond.
- The Grand Canyon – Located in Arizona on the west coast of the United States, The Grand Canyon National Park is one of the best places in the United States to visit for viewing miles and miles of beautiful canyons. If you do not mind the heat, but love going on adventures with your family, this trip is for you.
- Hollywood Sign – This is a famous, if not the most famous tourist attraction in the entire country. The Hollywood sign has been a national icon for ages and symbolizes the local movie production area located in Los Angeles, California. The huge sign is located on a large hill and you have to take a hike if you would like to get to the top and take a photo!
- New York, New York – New York City is the most popular city in the country and is known for Times Square, the NYSE, and the New Year’s Eve ball drop! New York is always a great place to visit where you can learn a lot of history, take tours, and even check out a Broadway show while you’re at it! However, the best part of a New York trip is taking a boat tour around the Statue of Liberty!
- Las Vegas – JACKPOT!!! Las Vegas is a city in Nevada that is most known for its casinos and luxury hotels. If you enjoy gambling, hanging out at a casino, or just enjoying the area that has several fun attractions than this is a tourist area for you.
- Walt Disney World – As many of you may know, Walt Disney World is the ultimate theme park empire of Florida. Located in Orlando, this resort is home to 4 theme parks, 2 waterparks, Disney Springs shopping district, an ESPN Worldwide Sports Complex, and many, many resorts. This is a perfect family-friendly destination that everyone can enjoy.
- Universal Studios Orlando – Known as the second most popular theme park in Orlando, Florida Universal Studios is home to 2 theme parks (soon to be 3 parks), 1 waterpark, and the CityWalk shopping district. This is also a family-friendly destination for all families to enjoy.
- Miami – Miami is known for it’s beaches, downtown area, shopping districts, boardwalks and a tropical feeling. The water in the ocean is clear and see-through, while you can also enjoy walking around the shopping center and finding varieties of gift shops and recognizable brand named stores. Miami is what I consider a luxury vacation spot and I think you should check it out one day!
- Key West – Key West is one of the several keys located at the very top of the state of Florida. You travel on a very long highway surrounded by water to get to the destination, and the town is very old town with a small population. It is known for it’s chickens roaming around, gift shops, beautiful oceans views, the most southern point statue, and their key lime pies.
- Disneyland – Disneyland is one of the most famous theme parks in the United States. It is the original birthplace of Mickey Mouse and the original vision of Walt Disney himself. Disneyland is a family-friendly theme park where you can also find many original attractions that are unique and inspiring.
- Mount Rushmore – Mount Rushmore was sculpted to remember four of the United States’s founding fathers and the ones who helped build this country to what it is today. This memorial stands to honor and resemble this great people and what they did for the country.
- The United States Capitol – The United States Capitol building (Capitol Hill) is where all the 100 Senators and 435 House of Representatives members that votes to pass bills that are lawful and benefit the citizens of the United States. Visitors can enter through the capitol’s visitor center and get tours of the Capitol building, and possibly see some Congressional hearings as well.
- The White House – As everyone knows, the White House is where the President of the United States lives, passes executive orders and laws, and meets with other Congressional or world leaders. There are several rooms in the White House such as the Oval Office, Press Briefing room, the Situation room, and other rooms filled with historic items that guests get to see if they get a tour of the building.
- Washington D.C. – Washington D.C. is the Capitol of the United States and is home to the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, World War 2 Memorial, Tomb of the Unknown Solider Solider, John F. Kennedy Memorial Flame, Arlington National Cemetery, the United States Capitol, the White House, the Pentagon and many more government buildings.
These are just a handful of the many tourist attractions in the United States, but there are definitely many more you should visit! If you liked today’s blog please consider leaving a comment down below, and following me on Instagram and Twitter @worldtravelwithmatt & @instatrav1. I hope you have a great day and see you real soon!