Disneyland is Walt Disney’s first and original theme park located in Anaheim, California. The Disneyland Resort remains one of the most visited theme parks in the United States until this day, and is known for it’s iconic opening day attractions. Attractions such as the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and It’s A Small World are some of the oldest rides at the resort and continue to receive updates and tons of love! Today I will be counting down the top rides & attractions at the Disneyland theme park!
Let’s get into it!
Top 10 Rides & Attractions at Disneyland
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge had opened at the Disneyland Resort in December 2019. However, Galaxy’s Edge was officially complete when the Rise of the Resistance attraction had opened to the public for the first time on January 17, 2019. This attraction takes guests (the new Resistance recruits) on a shuttle into space until you end up getting sucked into Kylo Ren’s ship. You and the other recruits are attempting to escape the ship on small vehicles as you experience lasers, huge AT-AT’s, and the wrath of Kylo Ren.
- Space Mountain – When boarding Space Mountain, guests are taken through a very detailed space queue as they fully immerse themselves in the world of space and science. Space Mountain is an indoor coaster and you will be launched at 30 mph. This attraction features bright lights, flashing effects, twists, turns, and fast speeds.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is another roller coaster attraction that is located in Frontierland. This attraction is 3 minutes long, has 3 lift hills and travels 36 mph. This attraction also features beautiful orange rocks, plants and western frontier scenery. Trust me, you’ll love it!!!
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – Matterhorn Bobsleds is a roller coaster attraction located in Tomorrowland. This attraction is a snow capped mountain, where you are speeding on an alpine sled trying to avoid the Abominable Snowman. This is a fun attraction that features some dark areas, small drops and high speeds. Not to mention, this is an attraction for all ages to enjoy!
- Indiana Jones™ Adventure – The Indiana Jones™ Adventure is an amazing jungle adventure attraction that Walt Disney Imagineers have brought to life many years ago! This attraction is inspired by the famous Indiana Jones film franchise, and is mean’t to immerse guests in the world of Indiana Jones! When you ride this attraction you definitely feel like you are in the movies when riding on a jeep-like vehicle, driving through dangerous areas, and exploring a jungle/temple with others you know!
- Pirates of the Caribbean – The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction is also a very beloved original attraction at the Disneyland Resort. The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction is located in New Orleans Square next to the Haunted Mansion attraction. The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction features Captain Jack Sparrow, the Black Pearl, his crew and other pirates. Trust me, the cannon ball shooting is loud, and the waterfall drop in the beginning of the attraction is pretty frightening. This attraction is definitely not for sensitive little children.
- Haunted Mansion – The Haunted Mansion is a classic Disney omnimover attraction and is one of the oldest attractions in each of the Disney Parks. Guests sit down on a “doom buggie” as they take a tour of the haunted mansion. The ghost host is showing the guests around as the 999 happy haunts reside in the mansion. This is a fun attraction but may be a bit frightening for younger audiences! You can watch The Haunted Mansion movie that’s based on this attraction on Disney+ today!
- Splash Mountain – Splash Mountain is another family friendly attraction that is based on the “Song of the South” movie. Splash Mountain is a log flume attraction that takes you around the inside and outside of the tree all the critters live inside. This attraction takes guests on a fun filled experience as you watch the adventures of the Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Bear, Br’er Fox and friends as they all come together and sing “zip-a-dee-do-dah at the end of the attraction when they beat the evil Br’er Fox. Due to recent cultural sensitivity, the Walt Disney Company has made a decision to eventually re-theme the attraction within the next year.
- Jungle Cruise – Jungle Cruise is a family friendly boat attraction located in Adventureland. This attraction takes guests through the jungle on a wooden boat. You run into hippos, alligators, chimpanzees, tigers, snakes and more! You are taken on this jungle cruise tour by a hilarious skipper, and you meet character’s like Trader Sam. Unfortunately, the attraction has been experiencing changes due to some cultural sensitivity such as the removal of the iconic “Trader Sam” animationic.
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride – If you ever watched the Mr. Toad cartoon, you will understand what this attraction is about. If you didn’t watch it yet, I would recommend you watch The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad on Disney+. On this attraction you are riding inside of Mr. Toad’s motorcar through a building and you wreck the place just like Mr. Toad did in the movie!
- It’s A Small World
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Alice in Wonderland
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Mad Tea Party
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- King Arthur Carousel
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Disneyland Monorail
- Disneyland Railroad
These are just a few of the best attractions you can find at the Disneyland Resort. Check out Top 10 Attractions at Disney’s California Adventure for more Disneyland attraction ratings! If you would like to support World Travel With Matt you can bookmark my page to your browser, or follow me on Instagram @worldtravelwithmatt or on Twitter @Instatrav1. I hope you all have a great day and I will see you all real soon!
Photo Courtesy: Disney Parks