When going on a Florida getaway with friends or family, it may be a bit tricky deciding what to pack if you are going to Universal Studios Orlando for the first time! Today, I will be listing & explaining the most important essentials you need to bring along when going to Universal Studios Orlando!
Let’s get into it!
- Comfortable Clothing – It is important to pack comfortable clothes depending on the weather. Orlando, Florida is known for being very hot (80-100°F degrees) during the summer months such as May, June, July, August, and September. Short sleeve shirts and shorts are recommended because you will sweat and be uncomfortable! Trust me!
- Comfortable Shoes – Comfortable shoes are just as important as comfortable clothing when visiting a Florida theme park. When visiting a theme park the best shoe selection would be sneakers, because shoes like flip flops or slide-on slippers are very loose. Flip flops are big mistake when visiting theme parks especially if you are a roller coaster fan!
- Small Bag/String Bag – Smaller string bags can come in handy when visiting tourist attractions not just because of the comfort, but because it is easily accessible and can hold several items at one time if needed. These type of bags are best for holding your refreshments, cameras, cell phones, wallets, sunglasses or other loose items when walking around to make sure you don’t lose anything! This is a total life saver!
- Camera – Cameras are an item that is always needed when traveling in order to capture photos to remember your favorite memories! Throughout the decades, cell phones became more widespread and allow you to snap some photos of your own as well, but if you’d rather use a camera works too!
- Portable Charger – Isn’t it annoying when you are on a trip and your phone just dies randomly? Well I would suggest carrying a portable charger that is fully charged and your cell phone charger plug in order to charge your phone when you’re on the go and in need of a quick charge! I like to charge my phone in my string bag while I’m at restaurants, in the hotel, or just relaxing for a few minutes. You should too!
- Sunscreen – Sunscreen is a necessity when it comes to traveling period. You can be traveling to a coastal beach destination, to the mountain ranges, or amusement parks with the family… but you still need sunscreen. Too much exposure to the sun can cause serious skin problems in the long run and sun burns can sometimes be painful! So I would recommend applying some sunscreen before leaving your home for a trip!
- Headwear (Hats) – When visiting a theme park in the hot climate of Florida there is usually not much shade available in the open area. I would advice you wear a hat or some form of head wear when visiting Universal Studios Orlando, or you can purchase some during your stay!
- Spare Cash or Gift Cards – When traveling hotel room rates, restaurant meal prices, park tickets, and themed merchandise can get pretty expensive when it all adds up! I would suggest saving up for this type of trip, bringing along spare cash, and collecting gift cards before your stay at a theme park like Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
These are just several of the items you should bring with you during a Universal Studios Orlando vacation with friends or family! If you would like more posts like this please leave a comment down below or message me on social media! You can support World Travel With Matt by recommending my website to others you know, bookmarking this page to your web browser or following me on Instagram @worldtravelwithmatt & Twitter @Instatrav1. I hope you all have a great day and I will see you all real soon!
Photo Courtesy: Travel + Leisure, Traveling Mom, & Encircle Photos.