Over the years, Disney’s Hollywood Studios had received many major updates, themed lands, refurbishments, as well as new dining & entertainment offerings. These new offerings include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular (fireworks show) and the Wonderful World of Animation (nighttime show). Today I will be listing the top 10 rides and attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios I think you should give a try!
Let’s get into it!
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Rise of the Resistance opened at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in December of 2019 as the second ride in the Star Wars themed land. This attraction is trackless and runs at a speed between fast and slow. On this attraction, guests are known as the “Resistance recruits” as they attempt to escape from the First Order. Please note, the vehicle spins guests around in circles, guests get lifted up on elevator-like shafts, and twisted around corners as you escape. This is a great attraction for Star Wars lovers and guests who enjoy a bit of an adventure!
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is located right off of Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood Studios near the Fantasmic! show. On the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster you are taken on a journey of music with Aerosmith as you help them prepare for a concert. When you enter the attraction, you will walk though a music themed queue and when sitting in the red coaster cart you will face a tunnel with a screen before blasting off at up to 57mph!!! This IS NOT an attraction for people who do not enjoy thrill or with health conditions.
- Slinky Dog Dash – Slinky Dog Dash recently opened at Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios in 2018 along with several other family friendly attractions. In this themed land, guests are shrunken down to the size of a toy as they fully immerse themselves in the toy aspects of Toy Story Land. When guests ride Slinky Dog Dash they are bumped up and down gently, swerved, and twisted around as they ride on an enlarge Slinky Dog coaster. This is a great attraction for children and families who enjoy a small thrill but family friendly attraction.
- The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror – The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror is one of the spookiest and most thrilling attractions in Hollywood Studios as well as the entire Walt Disney World Resort. Guests are seated on an elevator shaft and essentially escaping the “Twilight Zone” inside of the Hollywood Tower. Towards the end of the attraction guests are taken into the front elevator shaft area where they plummet 130 feet with the view of the outdoors as some of the shaft doors open! This IS NOT an attraction for those afraid of heights, people with medical conditions, or children.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is one of the most family friendly attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is a cartoon railway attraction with a trackless track that takes guests around the inside of the TLC Chinese Theatre replica and to help the couple have a perfect picnic! This attraction also includes a Mickey Shorts Theater and a beautiful themed queue!
- Star Wars: Smuggler’s Run – Star Wars: Smuggler’s Run is the first attraction that opened at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios in August 2019 before Rise of the Resistance. This attraction is a Millennium Falcon replica where inside is a simulator similar to the one located in Star Tours. Inside this simulator up to four guests are working together to avoid the obstacles and make it back to the Resistance base safely. This is a family friendly attraction and a definite MUST DO for Star Wars fans!
- Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular – The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is stunt show located near Muppet Vision 3D and the Frozen Sing-along, that is pretty spectacular! During this show, guests get to watch actors re-live some of the most iconic scenes and stunts from Indiana Jones 1-4. Not to mention, this show allows some volunteers from the audience to get on stage and act or dress-up for the rest of the audience!
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – The Star Tours attraction is an simulator attraction lead by C3PO, where we, the guests, have to help C3PO navigate through the galaxy to get us back home safely! You may also notice that some of the same affects may be scene in the new Smuggler’s Run attraction as well to help give guests the true galactic experience! Please note: this attraction may have a few turns from side to side here and there, and flashing lights may be projected off of the screen at some times!
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is just a fun attraction to visit if you a Cars fan, or if you are visiting Hollywood Studios with younger Children! This attraction is located on Sunset Boulevard next to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and is a half digital, half physical object show. This show features the one and only Lightning McQueen looking better than ever with a digital face and tires so that his movements look realistic! He teaches you everything to know about being a racer and much more!
- Star Wars: Launch Bay – Star Wars: Launch Bay is another Star Wars attraction like Star Tours, but instead it includes Star Wars character meet and greets (like Chewbacca and Kilo Ren), a museum with exhibits/unique models and a Star Wars Launch Bay Theater. In this theater you can watch a short Star Wars documentary play on the big screen for about 10 minutes! This is a great attraction for Star Wars fans and guests of all ages!
These are just a handful of the great rides and attractions available at Hollywood Studios! If you would like to see more blog posts like this… please leave a comment below and if you would like to support World Travel With Matt you can follow us on Instagram @worldtravelwithmatt and Twitter @Instatrav1. Thank you for reading today’s article and I hope to see you again real soon!