Photo Courtesy: TripSavvy;
You may know Disneyland as the greatest theme park in California, but did you know that Disneyland has a sister park named Disney’s California Adventure? That’s right, this second park is home to the Soarin’, The Little Mermaid, The Incredicoaster and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! attractions. This park is also home to several themed lands such as Hollywood Land, Grizzly Peak, Pixar Pier, Cars Land and soon to be… AVENGERS CAMPUS!!! Today, I will be reviewing the top 10 attractions at this California theme park!
Let’s get into it!
Top 10 Rides and Attractions at Disney’s California Adventure!!
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! replaced the beloved Tower of Terror on the Pacific Coast in order to start the first phase of the new Marvel themed area… Avengers Campus. There are many more attractions & dining services coming to this area like the WEB SLINGERS, P.Y.M Test Kitchen, and Avengers HQ in the near future!
- WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure – The WEB Slingers attraction is located in the Stark Industries building and serves as one of the icons of Avengers Campus at Disney’s California Adventure. On this attraction, up to 4 guests are seated in each vehicle, and experience shooting webs along-side Spider-Man by wearing 3D glasses that create the projection. This attraction’s layout is very similar to Toy Story Mania, except that the WEB Slingers attraction requires guests to mimic Spider-Man’s web shooting with their arms like Peter Parker. It is quite a fun experience and I encourage people of all ages to give it a try!
- Radiator Springs Racers – Radiator Springs Racers is a high speed cars themed speedways similar to the Tomorrowland Speedways or Autopia, but way faster! This attraction opened during the opening of the Cars Land in 2012.
- Grizzly River Run – Grizzly River Run is an orginal Grizzly Peak opening day attraction at Disney’s California Adventure. Grizzly River Run is a fast and semi-thrill river rapid attraction for multiple family members, friends and other guests to enjoy! There will be a few splashes here and there so I would make sure you are prepared!
- Soarin’ Around the World – The Soarin’ Around the World attraction is the exact same Soarin’ attraction you can find in Epcot. This attraction formally used to entertain guests about California when it used to be Soarin’ Over California. This version of the Soarin’ attraction occasionally comes back around but is very rare! Keep your eyes peeled!
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters – Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is another attraction that opened with Cars Land in 2012. This attraction is a flat ride similar to any tea cup rides where you spin around in circles. Once you enter your vehicle you dance around with the other handful of vehicles and your in for a whole lot of fun!
- Incredicoaster – When Paradise Pier was given a re-theme to Pixar Pier, the California Screamin’ attraction was a white colored wooden coaster that provided some thrill in a Disney park. In 2018, The California Screamin’ attraction was replaced by the Incredicoaster attraction as a part of the re-imagined Pixar Pier area.
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree is a similar attraction to Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters. Guests are spinned around in circles while sitting in a Mater themed vehicle. This is a tea cup type of flat ride that is spotted in multiple theme parks around the world. I definitely recommend this attraction to those who love to have a spin!
- Silly Symphony Swings – Silly Symphony Swings is an attraction where you sit down on a swing with straps and you will be swung through the air and all around! This is a perfect attraction for those who enjoy beautiful views and heights. Warning! This is not an attraction for those who are afraid of heights.
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – Have you ever wondered what it feels like to be under the sea? Well you can experience what it feels like to be under the sea with Ariel and her friends by riding the Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure attraction. This is approximately the same attraction that you can find at Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog. If you would like to stay up-to-date with updates and more I would recommend following us on Twitter @Instatrav1 & Instagram @worldtravelwithmatt. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter for weekly news updates and I hope you all have a great day!